Customer Service Rep II/Transaction Coordinator
|February 20, 2013 - March 01, 2013|
|Location:||Winston Salem, NC|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Call Center Loan Operations|
|Description:||POSITION IS LOCATED IN WINSTON-SALEM, NORTH CAROLINA |
We provide student loan servicing solutions for multiple student loan products, schools and other agencies. Under the direction of the Manager of Loan Operations, the Transactions Coordinator performs a variety of duties related to customer services. This job provides clerical and processing support in the Call Center.
- This position requires access to federal information systems and other data. Federal security clearance is required to access any federal data. All candidates will be subject to a federal security clearance process. Failure to obtain a satisfactory security clearance will result in removal from the position.
- Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including but not limited to; veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and physical or mental disability.
- Performs activities on portfolios which include:
(a) Incoming and outgoing customer calls; responds to inquiries by providing assistance and updating customer accounts;
(b) Counsel customers by telephone/email/correspondence;
(c) Performs collection activities, including placing outbound phone call to complete follow-up on borrower requests, establish payment arrangements, and initiates correspondence to delinquent customers in jeopardy of default.
- Interacts with consumer credit agencies to provide information or make changes on student loan servicing system.
- Takes appropriate follow-up actions in order to complete borrower requests.
- Responsible for workflow and imaging processes; including manual reports.
- Process various entitlement and repayment plan forms, including Financial Services work types.
- Must become proficient in student loan servicing, and other vendor system software needed to perform departmental assignments.
- Reads, studies, and attends professional development programs and conferences in order to increase industry knowledge and to meet regulatory expectations.
- Performs other related duties when requested or directed; always maintaining confidentiality regarding personnel, records, and operations matters.
- The tasks listed above are considered to be essential functions of the job. However, there may be other related duties. All assignments are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other considerations.
- Requires graduation from high school or equivalent with preferred training in customer service or communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Security Clearance.
- Requires 12 months customer service experience plus 12 months working in an office setting.
- Operates standard office equipment, including a computer terminal, printer, scanner, 10-key calculator, copy machine, telephone, and fax machine.
- The ability to speak English and Spanish is preferred.
- Requires the ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and customers. Accuracy, confidentiality, and a pleasant personality are important aspects of the job.
- Work schedule may be after normal working hours, must be able to work a flexible work schedule. Will occasionally be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week in order to meet deadlines. Ability to work holidays and weekends, if necessary.
- Physical requirements include: visual acuity, speech and hearing; occasionally lifting/carrying 10-20 lbs.; hand and eye coordination to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office equipment; and typically several hours per day of sitting, standing, or walking, with frequent movement and interruptions in an office setting.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.